Whether you’re leading or working as part of a multicultural team; working with international clients, vendors, or colleagues; or you’re a foreign-born professional working in the US… let’s talk! We can work together to customize a one-to-one coaching program that will meet your specific needs.
Research shows that cultural agility is no longer just a nice-to-have. It’s critical to your success in this ever-expanding global economy. I’ll work with you to assess and develop your Cultural Intelligence (CQ), which can lead to new opportunities, higher wage potential, and greater success in today’s diverse corporate environments.
I’ve worked with hundreds of foreign-born professionals over my career; side-by-side as well as managing them during my 28 years in corporate Information Technology; and as a Coach since 2008, assisting them in career and leadership development here in the U.S. I’ve also worked with hundreds of leaders, first-time through VP level, to develop leadership presence and skills.
My most popular programs are listed below. That said, everything I do is customized, and I’ll work with you in support of whatever areas you have the most need, creating a program just for you!
Contact me here when you’re ready to explore working together.
Cultural Agility in Leadership (3-Month Program)
Are you managing a team of individuals from different countries, diverse cultural backgrounds? Diversity on teams is highly beneficial to creativity, effectiveness, and bringing out the best in each team member. Yet, if you aren’t comfortable with how to work with and lead the different approaches, it can feel like you’re working in a foreign land yourself. The differences can become magnified, the team can feel disjointed and out of sync, resulting in miscommunication, rework, missed deadlines, disgruntled team members, and frustration for everyone.
This 3-month, individualized leadership program is all about giving you, as a leader, the skills, know-how and confidence to get the best out of your culturally diverse team. The program will bring you out of your cultural comfort zones, assess and develop your Cultural Intelligence, and build understanding of what is needed for successful leadership in culturally diverse environments.
No two leaders are the same. That’s also true for this program. Understanding your specific needs as a leader is the first step in our engagement. The program will be customized to include components that address your specific development goals. With that in mind, here are areas often covered in this program:
- Identify your individual leadership style, cultural values and cultural intelligence
- Understand your team’s specific cultural makeup; strengths and challenges
- Learn about cultural dimensions of communication styles and attitudes towards hierarchy, evaluation, persuasion, leadership and decision-making
- Understand the impact of unconscious bias on leadership
- Develop strategies and confidence for effectively managing multicultural teams
- Access, appreciate and leverage cultural differences
- Build skills for negotiating and motivating across cultures
- Gain strategies for effectively running cross-cultural meetings
- Self-reflect on individual drivers around work expectations and values
- Learn techniques for developing team synergy and cohesion
- Explore co-developing team goals and objectives for long term success
- Develop techniques for evaluating performance and giving feedback
This 3-month program typically includes the following components:
- Initial Discovery session to set areas of focus and goals for your program
- Assessments: Leadership Circle Profile, Cultural Intelligence, Cultural Values
- Assessment Debrief and Interpretation session
- Eight more individual coaching sessions
- Mapping of specific cultural makeup of your team
- Personal Development Plan, job aids and other resources
- Books: Leading with Cultural Intelligence and Expand Your Borders
- Homework assignments to deepen the learning and accelerate growth
Target Audience: Individual leader, manager, project manager; first-time through executive level
Leadership for Foreign-Born Professionals
Struggling with how to position yourself for corporate Leadership roles in the U.S.? Unsure about how to gain more visibility and recognition? Does it sometimes seem as though you’re not quite fitting in with corporate USA? A fish out of water? There may be cultural differences that could, unknowingly, be blocking your opportunities and success.
This program will help you:
- Identify cultural differences that may be holding you back from career growth
- Gain direct insight into your leadership effectiveness through the Leadership Circle Profile 360 Assessment
- Develop your individual leadership style, while maintaining your cultural integrity
- Utilize tools and techniques to increase leadership presence and confidence